Cadets of the Royal Military College at Sandhurst. Junior Department, 1812
Aquatint by J C Stadler after Charles Hamilton Smith, 1812.
The Royal Military College (RMC) was established under the leadership of Major-General John Gaspard le Marchant at Marlow in 1802 but moved to Sandhurst in 1813. The new college housed a senior department for staff officer training alongside a junior department for the training of gentleman cadets.
From Charles Hamilton Smith's 'Costumes of the Army of the British Empire, according to the last regulations 1812', published by Colnaghi and Company, 1812-1815.
NAM Accession Number
National Army Museum, Out of Copyright
National Army Museum, Study collection