Cap badge, The Connaught Rangers, 1902-1922
Die-struck brass badge in the form of a Irish harp, surmounted by crown, with a scroll below with the unit title, 'Connaught Rangers', below.
The Connaught Rangers was formed during the army reorganisation of 1881 by merging the and 94th Regiments of Foot. It took its title from the 88th which had traditionally recruited in Connaught. The regiment existed for 41 years until disbandment in 1922 following the creation of the Irish Free State.
NAM Accession Number
National Army Museum Copyright
National Army Museum, Study collection