Glengarry badge, other ranks, 47th (Lancashire) Regiment of Foot, 1874-1881
Brass badge with open-work regimental number, '47', within a garter bearing the title, 'Lancashire Regiment', surmounted by a crown.
This regiment was raised in 1741 and numbered 47 in the line infantry order of precedence. It received its territorial association with Lancashire in 1782. The 47th continued in British Army service until the 1881 Childers Reforms when it was amalgamated with the 81st Regiment to form The Loyal Regiment (North Lancashire).
NAM Accession Number
National Army Museum Copyright
National Army Museum, Study Collection