Glengarry badge, other ranks, 59th (2nd Nottinghamshire) Regiment of Foot, 1874-1881
Regimental number within a wreath surmounted by a crown, with a scroll with the regimental title below.
The 59th (2nd Nottinghamshire) Regiment of Foot was originally raised as the 61st Regiment in 1755. It was renumbered as the 59th Regiment of Foot in 1756 and gained its county affiliation of Nottinghamshire in 1782. This badge dates to the period just before the Regiment's amalgamation with the 30th (Cambridgeshire) Regiment of Foot, to form the East Lancashire Regiment, in 1881.
NAM Accession Number
National Army Museum Copyright
National Army Museum, Study collection