Glengarry badge, other ranks, 73rd (Perthshire) Regiment of Foot, 1874-1881
This unit was established in 1786 and continued in British Army service until 1881 when it was merged into The Black Watch (Royal Highlanders).
A glengarry was a traditional Scottish cap worn by many Highland regiments in the 19th century. In the 1860s it was also adopted by other British regiments as an undress cap.
NAM Accession Number
National Army Museum Copyright
National Army Museum, Study collection