Glengarry badge, other ranks', 77th (East Middlesex) Regiment of Foot, 1874-1881
This regiment was formed in 1787 and continued in British Army service until 1881 when it was merged into the Middlesex Regiment. The badge includes the regimental numeral below the plumes and motto of the Prince of Wales, granted to the unit in 1810 to commemoration 20 years of service in India.
NAM Accession Number
National Army Museum Copyright
National Army Museum, Study collection