Other ranks' cap badge, The Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers, 1930 (c)
The badge of this regiment consists of a flaming grenade on which Enniskillen Castle is visible. St. George's flag flies from the central tower and below the castle is a frosted scroll bearing the burnished unit title. The regiment was formed in 1689 by King William III from the defenders of the castle when it was besieged by the forces of King James II.
NAM Accession Number
National Army Museum Copyright
National Army Museum, Army gallery