Cap badge, The Seaforth Highlanders (Ross-shire Buffs, The Duke of Albany's), 1914 (c)
This regiment was formed during the 1881 reforms and existed until 1961 when it was merged into The Queen's Own Highlanders (Seaforth and Camerons). Its badge depicts a stag with the motto 'Cuidich 'n Righ' (Aid the King). These were originally the emblem and words of the Clan Mackenzie, a member of whom, the Earl of Seaforth, had first raised the Seaforth Highlanders' predecessor regiment, the 72nd Highlanders.
NAM Accession Number
National Army Museum Copyright
National Army Museum, Army gallery