Other ranks glengarry badge, 94th Regiment of Foot, 1874-1881
This regiment entered the British Army's establishment in 1794, but its lineage dated back to the Scotch Brigade, a force originally formed in the 16th century for service in the Netherlands. This was eventually given the numeral 94 in 1802. Apart from a brief period of disbandment between 1818 and 1823 it then remained in service until the 1881 Army reforms when it was merged into the Connaught Rangers.
NAM Accession Number
National Army Museum Copyright
National Army Museum, Study collection