Other ranks' glengarry badge, 104th Regiment of Foot (Bengal Fusiliers), 1874 (c)
Originally an East India Company regiment known as the 2nd Bengal European Regiment, this unit transferred to British government control following service during the Indian Mutiny (1857-1859). In 1862 the regiment was given the numeral 104 in the British Army's order of precedence. In 1881 it was amalgamated with the 101st Foot to form The Royal Munster Fusiliers.
NAM Accession Number
National Army Museum Copyright
National Army Museum, Study collection