'New Morris Armoured Cars attached from 12th Royal Lancers', 1939 (c).
Photograph by Major Wilfred Herbert James Sale, MC, 3rd County of London Yeomanry (Sharpshooters), 1939 (c).
The Morris armoured car was a converted Morris 4x2, 15-cwt truck, and was a temporary fixture until better designs became available. Armed with a 303 inch (7.7 mm) Vickers machine gun and the Boys anti-tank rifle, the Morris saw service with the 12th Royal Lancers in France during 1940.
From an album of 328 photographs compiled by Major W H J Sale, MC, 3rd/4th County of London Yeomanry (Sharpshooters).
NAM Accession Number
National Army Museum Copyright
National Army Museum, Study collection