Small Arms School College Shooting Team, 1925 (c)
Photograph, Hythe, Kent, 1925 (c).
Portrait group of a shooting team with a display of medals and trophies.
In 1919, the School of Musketry was renamed the Small Arms School to differentiate it from the Machine Gun School. Just four years later, the two merged to form the Corps of Small Arms and Machine Gun Schools. By the end of the 1920s, its title had been simplified twice, first to the Headquarter Small Arms School in 1926, and then to the Small Arms School Corps (SASC) in 1929.
From a collection of seven photographs compiled by Warrant Officer 2 George Lee, Rifle Brigade (Prince Consort's Own), attached to the Small Arms School Corps Hythe, Kent.
NAM Accession Number
National Army Museum, Out of Copyright
National Army Museum, Study Collection