Skirt worn by Sister A Stewart Wyatt, Queen Alexandra's Imperial Military Nursing Service, 1902 (c)
Queen Alexandra's Imperial Military Nursing Service was established in March 1902 and named after Queen Alexandra who became its first President until her death in 1925, when Queen Mary succeeded to that office. The new force replaced the Army Nursing Service, which had been established in 1881. In 1949 it was renamed Queen Alexandra's Royal Army Nursing Corps.
NAM Accession Number
National Army Museum Copyright
National Army Museum, Battle gallery
Browse related themes