HRH Princess Anne, Colonel-in-Chief of the 14th/20th King's Hussars presenting the regiment with a new guidon, on Hohne Camp Parade Ground, 12 June 1982
Colour photolithograph after T S La Fontaine. Published by Fores Gallery, 1983.
A guidon was the cavalry equivalent of an infantry colour and listed the regiment's battle honours. It was much smaller than an infantry colour as it had to be carried on horseback.
Hohne Camp on Luneberg Heath in Germany was a home for British armoured units during the Cold War (1945-1990) and for the two decades after the fall of Communism.
NAM Accession Number
Not NAM Copyright, Artist's Estate
National Army Museum, Study collection
Browse related themes