Short tailed officers' coatee worn by Lieutenant-Colonel Edward Morgan, Royal Flintshire Militia, 1800 (c)
Colonel Morgan (1759-1831) of Golden Grove, Llanasa, served with the regiment between 1799 and 1801. He was also a Justice of the Peace, Deputy Lieutenant and High Sherif of Flint in 1792.
The Flintshire Militia were granted the title Royal in 1709 and were re-designated Fusiliers in 1805.
NAM Accession Number
National Army Museum Copyright
National Army Museum, Study collection