Officer's grenadier cap, 65th Regiment of Foot, 1758 (c)
This cap is made of wool and velvet cloth with metal and silk thread embroidery. The front of the cap bears the royal cypher and the white horse of Hanover. The 65th Regiment of Foot was raised in 1758. In 1768 a Royal Warrant abolished these magnificently embroidered caps in favour of bearskins.
NAM Accession Number
National Army Museum Copyright
National Army Museum, Formation gallery
Browse related themes