Two-handled cup, Women's Auxiliary Corps (India) Inter-Company Tug-of-War competition, 1942 (c)
Electro-plated nickel silver, made by Roopchand Brothers, Lahore, 1942 (c).
This cup was awarded to the winners of the Women's Auxiliary Corps (India) Inter-Company Tug-of-War competition. The Corps was formed in 1942, to enable women to replace men as clerks, typists, hospital orderlies, drivers and other trades in the Indian Army. It was presented to WO1 Dorrell Young on the disbandment of the Women's Auxiliary Corps in 1945.
NAM Accession Number
National Army Museum, London
National Army Museum, Study collection
Browse related themes