Trumpeters and regimental band, in full dress uniform of the 5th Inniskilling Dragoon Guards, Warburg Barracks, Aldershot, 1930-1933
Photograph by Gale and Polden, Aldershot, 1930-1933.
Although the 5th Inniskilling Dragoon Guards had ceased to wear full dress uniform on the outbreak of World War One in 1914, a small stock was retained for certain ceremonial roles and occasions. Here the regimental band and trumpeters gather for a ceremonial occasion. Trumpeters were still used to sound calls to regulate the activity of the regiment in barracks. Although the regiment was still horsed, by 1938 it had been mechanised and the horses retired. The regiment were based in Warburg Barracks for three years before moving to Colchester.
From a collection of 1,701 photographs taken by Gale and Polden, Aldershot, showing British regiments and corps.
NAM Accession Number
National Army Museum, Out of Copyright
National Army Museum, Study Collection