New recruits at The Queen's Royal Surrey Regimental depot, Wemyss Barracks, Canterbury 1960 (c)
Photograph, 1960 (c).
The Queen's Royal Surrey Regiment was a short-lived infantry unit formed in October 1959 by amalgamating The Queen's Royal Regiment (West Surrey) and The East Surrey Regiment. It served with the British Army until 1966 when it was merged into The Queen's Regiment.
One of 33 photographs associated with the Queen's Royal Surrey Regiment. From a collection of 1536 photographs taken by Central Office of Information of the regiments and corps of British Army, 1950 (c)-1969 (c).
NAM Accession Number
National Army Museum, Out of Copyright
National Army Museum, Study collection