Morris Commercial CS8 Water Bowser 4x2 truck, Pattern 1934, 1940
Manufactured by the Morris Motor Company, the 15-ton CS8 was first developed in 1934 as a general purpose vehicle. During the Second World War (1939-1945) the Army used the CS8 in many different roles including water bowser (depicted here), mobile office, house wireless, petrol tanker and compressor. This example is painted in desert colours and bears the jerboa emblem of 7th Armoured Division, the famous 'Desert Rats'.
NAM Accession Number
National Army Museum Copyright
National Army Museum, Study collection