'13th Regiment of foot', 1742 (c)
Engraving from, 'A Representation of the Cloathing of His Majesty's Houshold and of all the Forces upon the Establishments of Great Britain 1742', a volume of 104 coloured engravings, published 1742 (c).
This infantry unit was raised in 1685 and served in many British Army campaigns during its long history.
In the 1751 official numbering of line infantry regiments, the unit was allocated the number 13, and in 1782 it was given a county association with Somerset.
NAM Accession Number
National Army Museum Copyright
National Army Museum, Study collection