'16th Regiment of Foot', 1742 (c)
Engraving from, 'A Representation of the Cloathing of His Majesty's Houshold and of all the Forces upon the Establishments of Great Britain 1742', a volume of 104 coloured engravings, published 1742 (c).
Although still named after its then colonel, Lieutenant-General Roger Handasyde, this regiment was ranked as the 16th Foot in the 1740s. In 1751 the number 16 was officially incorporated into the regimental title. In this period the uniform was red with deep yellow facings.
NAM Accession Number
National Army Museum, Out of Copyright
National Army Museum, Study collection