29th Regiment of Foot, 1742 (c)
Engraving from 'A Representation of the Cloathing of His Majesty's Houshold [sic] and of all the Forces upon the Establishments of Great Britain 1742', a volume of 104 coloured engravings, no details, published 1742 (c).
This unit was raised by Colonel Thomas Farrington in 1694. It was known by the names of its colonels until 1751 when it was re-titled as the 29th Regiment.
The regiment's redcoats were distinguished by yellow facings (cuffs, lapels and tales).
NAM Accession Number
National Army Museum Copyright
National Army Museum, Study collection