Officers of the 8th (Service) Battalion, The Royal Scots Fusiliers, September 1915
Photograph by Gale and Polden Limited, World War One (1914-1918), 1915.
The battalion was raised at Ayr on 1 October 1914 and was posted to 77th Brigade in 26th Division. In July 1915 it arrived on the Western Front but at the end of the year it was sent to Salonika.
The officers depicted here are: include 2nd Lieutenant G McOwan, 2nd Lieutenant C N Crawshaw, Lieutenant W W Gordon-Hall, Lieutenant R A Murray, Lieutenant J V Grant, Royal Army Medical Corps, Lieutenant E W Langlands, Lieutenant J F Campbell, 2nd Lieutenant R. W. Hunter, Captain R W Geddes, Lieutenant W R Hutchison, 2nd Lieutenant A M Mitchell, 2nd Lieutenant A S Dixon, Lieutenant A M Kennedy, 2nd Lieutenant R Patrick, Lieutenant and Quartermaster S Love, 2nd Lieutenant R Lamb, Lieutenant W R Scott, 2nd Lieutenant Stafford C Hilliard, Captain B Duncan, Captain C P Rea, Major R M Christie, Major F E Buchanan, Lieutenant-Colonel H P Versturme-Bunbury, Captain and Adjutant J A McEwen, Captain M R Dickson, Captain W E Paul, Captain J G Graham, Captain E J MacPhail, Lieutenant T K Murray, and 2nd Lieutenant R S Pooley.
NAM Accession Number
National Army Museum, Out of Copyright
National Army Museum, Study collection